Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Call From The Principal

This afternoon my phone rang around 2:00 pm.  I looked down and saw Celina Elementary School.  For a split second about 20 different things ran through my head.  Hesitantly I said hello, not wanting to hear the dreaded your son is sick and needs to be picked up.  To my surprise it was Mrs. V, Christian's Principal.  I instantly knew she was calling in regards to PTA but.....wrong again.  She was calling to let me know that Christian received a positive referral from a teacher and to let me know what a fine young man he is.  She actually had quite a few wonderful things to say about him, let me know he was coming home with a certificate and then asked if I wanted to talk to him.  When Christian got on the phone, you would have thought he was in big trouble.  He had no inflection in his voice, was very subdued and just gave me yes or no monotone answers (boys!).  I told him how happy and proud of him I was to get such a phone call that I would see him in a little while!  When he got in the car he was a little more excited and could not wait to tell dad the good news!  Time to celebrate!



No comments:

Post a Comment