I cannot begin to tell you what a wonderful feeling it was to wake up this morning to the sun shining through the windows! We have just been home for what I know must be a record 4 snow days in a row. Days 1-3 were really ice days as the roads were treacherous. Day 4 though kind of made it worth it as we received probably 6 inches or so of fluffy, time to get out and play snow! I first insisted that Chad get me out of the house early yesterday afternoon. Christian had spent the night at a friend's house, I had been sick with a stomach virus earlier in the week and had not left the house in 4 days. I was officially going stir crazy and needed some interaction with the outside world so Chad, Carson and I went and drove around Frisco. As we approached Main Street from 5th Street I could not help but think we were back in Crested Butte with the large snow flakes coming down around the buildings. It really was breathtaking. After filling up on a good cheeseburger and cheese fries (we needed substance), we came back to the house to get the sleds and snow gear and met Christian and the Stephens to do a little sledding! Christian and Carson would take turns behind our truck, one would sled while the other would get in the front seat and try to warm up while I took pics out the back window. We also spent a lot of time trying to pull Joel's truck out as his 4 wheel drive had gone out! It was a fun afternoon but it came to an abrupt end when the kids realized they were all soaking wet and freezing! Thank goodness for the extra change of clothes in the car. The dads did a lot of donuts in the snow and we called it an afternoon and went home to enjoy a nice bowl of snow ice cream after dinner...YUM! Now keep the sun shining!








HOW FUN!!!!
ReplyDelete