Friday, December 24, 2010

Tis the Season

Last week before the boys got out of school we went to Carson's Christmas Program where he was one of the three kings.  He looked so cute and did a great job with his line, "I bring you the gift of frankincense".  Unfortunately he had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction and yes that is a rock and roll shirt he is wearing on the day of his Christmas program at church. (CRINGE)



Singing Feliz Navidad



Christian begged me to go see Carson's play so he got a special treat and I took him out of school for a few hours but made sure he would not be counted absent when attendance was taken.  



After his program, party and book exchange we went and had lunch with the whole fam before going to Christian's class party.  The kids all had yummy treats to eat, listened to a Christmas story and played Bingo...always a favorite!


Christian got a Bingo on the last game! 


On Friday, Christian had a half day of school so I picked him up and we went to the new Cinemark in Frisco for a movie double header with friends....Tangled and Yogi Bear.  I did not think they would like Tangled as it is a "girly' movie but everyone loved it and I hate to say I even shed a tear.  Standing in the lobby after the movie we discovered 103.7fm  handing out free tickets to Yogi Bear and decided we would make an afternoon out of it.   Christian, Wyatt, Abby, Casey and I were all in for a second movie and Jennifer took Carson home to play with Ben and Henry.  That movie kind of put me to sleep but the kids all seemed to enjoy it.

The boys have been out of school for a week.  It has been fairly relaxing thus far except for all the last minute shopping I have had to do.  I WILL GET MY SHOPPING DONE EARLY NEXT YEAR, I WILL GET MY SHOPPING DONE EARLY NEXT YEAR, I WILL GET MY SHOPPING DONE EARLY NEXT YEAR.  Last Saturday I left the house around 10am and did not get home until 8 that night and no, I did not finish. Ugh!  I had a few more stops I had to make throughout the week and tried to do with Chad at home because Christian grumbled anytime I mentioned leaving the house.  We have watched Christmas movies, made a gingerbread house, celebrated with two early Christmas parties, and surprised the kids with dinner at Japon followed by driving down to HP to see Christmas lights.

Today it is a wet Christmas Eve and I have spent the day listening to Christmas music while wrapping presents, baking pies and tracking Santa with the boys.  Christian has a new favorite Christmas song, "Mary Did You Know" by Kenny Rogers.  Anytime that song has come on the radio today or in the car over the past few days he has asked me to turn up the volume and I can hear him singing the chorus.  It is really sweet to hear him.

I hope the boys grow up having fond memories of the Christmas holiday and our family's traditions.  I am always looking for new ideas and other traditions to start.  What traditions does your family have?

No comments:

Post a Comment