Thursday, December 30, 2010

Merry Christmas

According to Christian and Carson, this was the best Christmas ever, however I think they say that every year!  I will say that this year was reminiscent of Christmases past and for that I am grateful.  

The boys could not wait to get to Sonia's house to celebrate Christmas Eve.  I know they had one thing on their mind.....presents, but I also know that they love spending time with their family.  Christian always talks about how much he loves having everybody over or going to Aunt Tawnies or Grandmas house to be with the whole family and that makes me smile.  That afternoon we all sat around laughing, talking, tracking Santa and discussing his route.  After a few moments of hilarious disfunction and our VERY yummy meal, Christian on his own accord decided he would do the dishes.  Don't get me wrong, he has chores at home and always takes his plate to the sink when he is finished, but I can't think of one time that he has ever run water over one of them.  It was an amazing site to see and while we were all still sitting at the table I came to one conclusion, he must think that Santa is watching him and that this just might score him extra presents!


Christmas Eve


The boys wasted no time and quickly moved into the living room to pass out presents.  This year they were sorted in moving boxes by recipient which made it very nice when it came time to pack up (although not so good for pictures).  They decided to tackle this box together and I love seeing the excitement on their face.


After all of their hard work passing out presents, they can't wait to tear in to their own packages



I got so caught up in catching wrapping paper and watching them unwrap that I forgot to take pictures.  I did get a few though.


 Christian was beyond excited when he opened this headset.  If you only could have seen the expression and oh yeah dance that he performed.  It was priceless.  Thank you Yai Yai


Tackling Shea Shea before dessert.


Sonia, Nikki and Chad


Shea bench pressing both boys.


After dessert we spent several more hours huddled together and it was very nice to sit around and enjoy each other before heading home to get ready for bed.  I am so sad I did not get any pictures that night  putting out cookies but here they are Christmas morning once they walked in and saw Santa was good to them!  Time to wake up Daddy!  


(Note to self:  rearrange the furniture next year to get better pictures of Christmas morning or put the boys in a different spot)


Digging in their stockings and comparing goodies.  Christian says this is his favorite part.


New Scooters 





It looks like Santa and the Reindeer loved their treats!


My little Super Hero


A few pics of the house Christmas morning, wish I had not cleaned up Santa gifts yet


I LOVE MY BOBCAT TREE!


This year, Chelsea spent the night Christmas Eve so she could be there Christmas morning.  Mom, Grandma and Ta Ta came over around 9 or so and we immediately began to make a big breakfast before the boys passed out presents.  Once again I got a little overwhelmed and forgot to snap pictures!


Is he handsome or what?



Christian just knew there was something for outside in this box, little did he know it was a new tv for upstairs from Grammy and Pa Pa




Christian sat down that afternoon and wrote Santa a thank you note without being asked...another first!


We had so much fun playing ping pong all afternoon on this tabletop set and snacking in the kitchen until dinner. 


The boys went upstairs to watch the first movie in our home theater


Christian and Daddy had a late night match after everyone went home.



This was another wonderful holiday spent with family and friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment