Our doorbell rang a little after 2 pm and Chad went to the door. The boys and I were in the kitchen getting ready to head out for Christian's game when in walked.....Jake (Ross' best friend)! To say that Christian was shocked is definitely an understatement. In fact, his reaction surprised even me a little. He literally stood their speechless for what seemed like forever after his jaw hit the floor and his eyes got as big as saucers. I don't think he moved until Jake came over and gave him a big hug to let him know it was real. At one point I honestly thought he was going to cry! It was so sweet. He then handed the boys their Christmas presents. They both eagerly unwrapped them to find an awesome new Auburn jersey for each of them! The boys loved them!
We then all piled in the car and headed to the game. We made it to the game early so Christian took Jake and sat down with the rest of his team to watch the end of the game that was playing. During Christian's game Carson pretty much sat in Jake's lap the whole time.
Christian was a defensive animal but unfortunately they lost 21-6. It was devastating.
I guess he found it hard to smile after just losing
We all had such a wonderful afternoon and I will never forget that day. It meant so much to me that Uncle Jake would take the time to come and be there for my boys! Here they are decked out in their jerseys, which they ended up wearing for three days straight. They wore them the rest of the afternoon, slept in them, wore them Sunday and again on Monday since that night was the Championship game. Luckily I was able to convince them Sunday night to take them off so that I may wash them so they would be clean for school the next day.
We love you Jake and we love our jerseys!







No comments:
Post a Comment